The Kai Salon & Spa Team would like to thank you and your families for
your patronage and loyalty over the years. We will be opening June 1st,
2020 – at a limited capacity per Governor Walz’s orders.
The safety of our staff and community has been our top priority. Our
profession is governed by the Board of Cosmetology, which means we
follow their cleaning and sanitation rules and regulations, in addition to our
own safety and sanitation protocols, making Kai Salon a safe environment.
We appreciate your patience and ask for your continued patience as we adopt all these new safety
standards. During our temporary closure, here’s an abbreviated list of the
items we’ve been working on:
- Restructuring our entire salon layout to create an efficient and functional environment
that also reflects the requirements for social distancing and proper sanitation measures.
This means removing furniture, adjusting the amount of stations we have, and reorganizing
our tools and other items to comply with our high expectations of a sanitary environment.
- New and improved sanitation protocols for all departments.
- Procurement of personal protection equipment (PPE) for the team and clients.
- Incorporating any and every other Minnesota Health Department and CDC mandated
safety practice and/or safety apparatus.
The past couple of months have been a time of uncertainty but we have been
working proactively on measures that insure we are all in a safe environment. We
have been training our staff on the expected sanitation protocols, along with how
services will look moving forward. In addition to knowledge based training, we
will also be doing hands on training to help our staff feel confident with our new
procedures and salon flow. This will help us be ready to give you the best possible
experience at your next appointment!
Please review this information prior to your appointment.
As we get back into the groove, we would like to make you aware of a few
important changes that will help to ensure the safest and best experience
for everyone. It’s our goal to maintain a clean, comfortable and safe
environment for our team and guests.
If you are under the weather or feel ill in any manner, please
reschedule your appointment once your symptoms have
passed and you’re feeling better. Our team members reserve the
right to refuse service to someone they feel presents a personal
- Masks are required for every individual in the salon. This is a guideline
put out by the CDC as well as the board of cosmetology. We ask that if you
have your own mask you bring it, we will have some disposable for color services.
- We will be taking staff and client temperatures prior to entering the salon.
Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will not be allowed to enter the salon.
Things to Know Prior to Your Appointment
- No additional individuals (including babies and children) may join you at
- We are not allowed to have a waiting area, so we ask that you call when
you arrive for your appointment and the front desk will call or text you
when your stylist is ready for you.
- Summer is just around the corner, we ask that you leave coats or extra
things in your car.
- We are doing contactless payments, so no cash or checks allowed at this
- Please do not hug or shake your technician’s hand (we know this is going
to a tough one)! Exchanging waves or head nods are always a warm
and meaningful way to greet one another.
- We will be discontinuing beverage and snack services.
- As part of our cleaning protocols we will be removing all magazines and
paper products from the salon. Please bring something to read if you are
- Hot towels and scalp massages will be put on hold temporarily.
- We will not be accepting walk-ins.
- No outside food or drink will be allowed in the salon.
- Please be mindful of and respect the taped designations on the floor and/
or other areas so we can continue to be of service to you.
- If there is a specific retail styling or beauty product you’d like, please ask
a staff member for assistance. Guests will not be allowed in the retail
- The restrooms and reception area will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
throughout the day.
- All work stations will be cleaned and sanitized between each guest in
accordance with all applicable guidelines.
- Prior to beginning your service, your technician will thoroughly wash their
hands and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Expect supplementary modifications as we continue to receive further
guidance from the government agencies leading this charge.
Everyone’s safety and comfort are of concern to us. With everyone’s
patience and cooperation, we will meet our goals to provide you with a safe
experience. Thank you again for your loyalty and we look forward to your